Hair Today Gone Tomorrow: Style Trends For The Entire Wedding Party - Ashley Backs, Hello Lovely
From the flower girl to the grandmother, everyone wants in on the updos and blow-outs. Stay on point with the various ages and styles within the wedding party.
- Shortcuts for romantic waves
- Flattering straight styles that stay
- Structural updos that look pro
Lip Service: Social Media That Gets You Bookings Jennifer Trotter, Owner, Lip Service Consulting
Visual decisions happen quickly. A well-crafted post on Facebook, Instagram, or your blog can get you actual sales.
- Geo-tags for booking business in your area
- Examples of relevant and shareable content
- Creative use of before and after photos
What's In Your Bag: Top Wedding Pro Suppliers - Lindsey Wilkerson, Owner, Face Forward
As a professional makeup artist the tools you have in your kit say a lot about you and can take your designs from good to great. From concealer to stains we take the guess work out of what products to use and who to purchase from.
- Magical concealer, stains, and lashes
- New and unknown brands that give you the most from your beauty investment
- Pros and cons to the new airbrush systems
Conceal Or Reveal: Uncover The Bride's Real Concerns - Jennifer Trotter, Lip Service Consulting
When hair and makeup artistry is your career choice, others assume your job is nothing but glam. Is it rewarding? Yes. Is it hard? Absolutely.
- Paperwork shortcuts and must-haves
- What to do when she hates how she looks
- Beauty pro info exchange
Fantasy Makeovers: Bridal Makeup Trend Report - Ashley Riddle, Owner, Updos For I Dos
Engagement season brings on new looks and textures. Makeup suppliers want to sell you trendy new palettes. Which trends should you invest in and which should you skip?
- The no makeup - makeup look
- Oversized, textured, messy updos
- Lip gloss vs liquid lipsticks
Primed: Sell To The Bride Before You Meet Face-To-Face - Lori Tompos, Owner, Edge Hair And Makeup
She spends thousands on a beautiful dress and a skilled photographer. She wants to look like a model for her wedding but doesn’t trust that you can transform her. She still remembers the high school prom where her hair is slicked back and her makeup is overdone. Get her to trust you before you even meet.
- Tips to pre-sell the bride
- Website introductions that do the heavy lifting
- Video dos and don'ts
Star Struck: 5 Star Service And Reviews For Beauty Pros - Megan Payne, Creative Director, MAKEUP IN THE 702
On her wedding day you are the bride’s makeup artist, therapist, and hero. If you say or do the wrong thing, when emotions run high, she will give you a low review. Whether you deserve it or not.
- Customer service pledge
- How to get the entire wedding party to review you
- Creative 5 star review tips
Beat The Clock: Timelines For Wedding Beauty Pros - Katie Cotton, Owner, Cotton Rouge And Company
You can have the best team and skills but if you are the reason she is late to her photos or even her ceremony you will never get rehired.
- How to stay on time even when she arrives with wet hair
- Get more photographers and planner referrals
- Smart samples