Disc Jockey Seminars
Booth Or Consequences: Wedding Shows For Mobile DJs - Keith KoKoruz, Owner, Keith Christopher Entertainment, Windy City Wedding Show & Badger State Bridal Expo
Bridal shows allow you to showcase your personality, demeanor, and experience. Typically, just one wedding booked will cover your costs.
- Photos and floorplans of the best DJ booths
- What to say when the bride only gives you a few seconds
- A better way to follow up
School Of Rock: Music History For The Mobile DJ - Mike Walter, Owner, Elite Entertainment
Impress prospective wedding couples with your newfound knowledge of popular music history over the last 60 years.
- Decade to decade musical contributions
- Interactive music trivia
- Training your staff on music history
Spin The Pin: Pinterest Marketing - DJ Staci Nichols
Stop paying for Facebook ads and Google Adwords! Why? Because brides are on Pinterest.
- How to pin to start generating traffic, leads, and sales
- Why Pinterest is more powerful than any other social media site for selling
- How Pinterest became my #2 source of traffic almost overnight
Collaborate And Listen: Build Better Wedding Pro Relationships - Rob Ferre, Owner, Life Of The Party
You've both been hired to bring her dreams into reality. The wedding planner thinks she's in control of the reception timelime and orders you to do as she says. Now what?
- Tips for the pre-wedding meetings
- How to respectfully disagree with planners when conflict arises
- Get on and stay on planner and venue lists
The Guiding Light: Lighting Handbook For Djs - Jeremy Martorano, Owner, Karma Event Lighting and AV
Lighting should be purposeful, seamless, and invisible at times. How do you sell something that wasn't part of the original budget?
- Pinspotting, digital gobos, and outdoor lighting upsells
- Extended lighting concepts that use pattern washes, projection, and cake mapping
- Lighting sales tips
Game Face: Hottest Games For DJ's - Scott Faver, Owner, The Party Favers
With any master of ceremonies there is a fine line between engaging and annoying. How do you keep the focus on the bride and groom without stealing the spotlight?
- Fresh games with less cheese
- Small changes to make their reception stand out
- Closing the DJ sale with game add ons
Music Mixology: Creative Club Mixing Meets Professional Events - Dennis Jones, Owner, The Creative Music DJ
Inventive mixing is an art form. The right mix can build energy and transition your dance floor. Live mixing techniques will be demonstrated using the actual 1s and 2s.
- Club tech to use at weddings
- Double time vs. half time mixing
- What you don't know about beat matching
Gold Record: You Charge HOW Much - Curtis Whipple
Wedding couples think they are just paying for music. In reality, they pay for your expertise and the seamless execution of their reception. You are hired to orchestrate an evening of heartfelt memories. Unfortunately, they only want to pay the minimum. How do you overcome price objections?
- How to discuss pricing with your brides and grooms
- When to raise your prices
- How to convince them that the cheapest isn't the best