Catering & Cakes Convention
Over 150 Seminars
Step Up To The Plate: Special Event Food Trends - Catering Expert
Foodie culture is everywhere and wedding menus are no longer a choice of just chicken or beef. Instead, couples make a well-crafted food experience part of their wedding day. What do you need to know about next year’s food trends?
- Incorporate organic and plant based options without blowing their budget
- Hot fusion foods, late night brunch bites, and new food stations
- Drinks and desserts that haven't been done before
Back For Seconds: Gain Referrals From Wedding Pros And Clients - Catering Expert
Referrals are the most cost effective way to generate new catering business. Yet asking for referrals can feel awkward. Take the pain out of the process and get more quality leads from people you trust.
- The best time to ask for a referral
- How other wedding pros decide which caterers to recommend
- Referral misconceptions
Moveable Feast: Keep Your Menus Up With Changing Tastes - Catering Expert
With so many decisions to make wedding couples rely on cognitive shortcuts to do the heavy lifting. If the customer sees a basic and predictable menu they might think you are basic and predictable. The culinary experience starts with the menu. Make the first impression that feels like a culinary adventure.
- Questions to ask before you present a custom menu
- Ways to word ingredients and dishes so that they sound as good as they taste
- What's next in menus
Prix Fixe: Increase Your Catering Profits - Catering Expert
Ever wonder how much profit your catering business makes as compared to your competitors? Do you know your margins on each event you book?
- Average profit range for budget, mid-priced, and luxe catering companies
- Onsite wedding venue profits vs corporate catering profits
- Are high end caterers more profitable than mid-market
In Good Company: Expand To Corporate Clientele - Catering Expert
Most caterers fill their 53 Saturdays with ease but struggle to book Monday through Thursday events. If your weekdays aren’t booked your catering business is leaving money on the table.
- Market your catering services for holiday, office, mitzvahs, and corporate parties
- Get on charity gala shortlists in your area
- Best ways to connect with key corporate decision makers
Just Desserts: Creative Sweet Endings - Catering Expert
The wedding cake may never go away but couples demand more than the traditional slice at the reception.
- Presentation ideas that make your confection even more decadent
- Desert and drink pairings
- International food flavors Americanized