Catering & Confectioner Convention
Over 150 Seminars
Feast Or Famine: Fatten Up Your Food Profit Margins - Roy Porter, Activities Director Engage Works and Catersource Ambassador
It’s not about what you make - It’s about what you keep. Fat profit margins make the difference between just getting by, or saving enough to send your kids to college, take a vacation, and build your retirement.
- Are high-end caterers really the most profitable
- Bookkeeping tools that keep you on-track
- How to analyze the profit from each event
Frosted : Next Year's Cake And Dessert Trends - Elaine Ardizzone, Founder and Owner, Sweet Cheeks Baking Co
The wedding cake is still the traditional wedding dessert, but today’s couples serve their guests more than yesterday’s designs. They look everywhere for cake inspiration: The texture of her wedding dress, their china pattern, or even the ceiling design from their reception venue.
- Sugar crystals, sprinkles, and glitter
- Passed desserts instead of dessert bars
- Delicious drinks for dessert
Two Plates Full: Sales Techniques To Fill Up Your Bank Account - Meryl Snow, Owner, Snow Storm Solutions
Of all the buying decisions for the wedding day, catering is the most complex. Even after they fall in love with your company and menu, the sale isn’t closed. How do you get them to make the final decisions and sign off?
- Live on-stage sales presentations
- Closing techniques that don’t feel forced
- Which words to use and avoid to win the sale
Social Hour: Boost Bookings With Social Media In 60 Minutes - Jamie Quickert, Director Of Catering, Detroit Institute Of Arts
With more than 200 million posts tagged #food and 23 million #drinks, food and beverage photos are among the most popular. Potential clients love your content. How do you keep it coming without running out of time or new ideas?
- Create next level content that encourages conversions
- Shortcuts for content creation on your blog, Instagram, and FB Live
- Don’t post these 5 food photo mistakes
Happy Meals: Fun Catering Trends For 2020 - Amanda Bradham-Little, VP, 23 Blocks Hospitality Group
Wedding couples are moving away from predictable menus. Fun and light-hearted nuptial fare are the head of the line for next year. It's all about action and interaction.
- Three Cs of catering (and one is not chicken): Clever, Custom and Crafted Catering
- Futuristic beverage pairings, comfort foods with flair, and dessert stations that don't feel over-played
- Menu Proposals - Selling with design before taste
Mix It Up: The Secret Sauce For Catering Pros - Jennie Cook, Owner & Executive Chef, Jennie Cooks Catering and Plant Based Parties
So many special ingredients blend together to create a recipe for success. Your couples demand transparency, but do they need to know everything? They want to know how you create your dishes, serve your guests, and will there be enough food? It must be time for a tasting.
- The best way to do a tasting
- Real talk on hospitality and sustainability
- The joy of working with planners