Catering & Cakes Convention
Over 150 Seminars
Feast Or Famine: Fatten Up Your Food Profit Margins - Roy Porter, Activities Director Engage Works and Catersource Ambassador
It’s not about what you make - it’s about what you keep. Fat profit margins make the difference between just getting by or saving enough to send your kids to college, take a vacation, and build your retirement.
- Are high-end caterers really the most profitable
- Bookkeeping tools that keep you on-track
- How to analyze the profit from each event
Frosted : Next Year's Cake And Dessert Trends - Elaine Ardizzone, Founder and Owner, Sweet Cheeks Baking Co
The wedding cake is still the traditional wedding dessert, but today’s couples serve their guests more than yesterday’s designs. They look everywhere for cake inspiration, the texture of her wedding dress, their china pattern, or even the ceiling design from their reception venue.
- Cake trend alert
- Passed desserts
- Delicious drinks that pair well
Two Plates Full: Sales Techniques To Fill Up Your Bank Account - Meryl Snow, Owner, Snow Storm Solutions/Feastivities Events
Of all the buying decisions for the wedding day, catering is the most complex. Caterers believe they must go for the close. It's not the close, its the open. How do you get them to make the final decisions and sign off?
- Qualifying techniques that will close the sale
- It's not about price
- Learn how to stand out
Social Hour: Boost Bookings With Social Media In 60 Minutes - Jamie Quickert, Director Of Catering, Detroit Institute Of Arts
With more than 200 million posts tagged #food and 23 million #drinks, food and beverage photos are among the most popular. Potential clients love your content. How do you keep it coming without running out of new ideas?
- Create next level content that encourages conversions
- Use your personal social media to boost your company and your career
- Never post these 5 food photo mistakes
Spice Up Your Menu: Fun Catering Trends For 2020 - Casey O'Brien, VP, 23 City Blocks Hospitality Group
Wedding couples are moving away from predictable menus. Fun and light-hearted nuptial fare is the headline for next year. It's all about action and interaction.
- Three Cs of catering (and one is not chicken): clever, custom, and crafted catering
- Futuristic beverage pairings, comfort foods with flair, and dessert stations that don't feel over-played
- Menu Proposals - selling with design before taste
Mix It Up: The Special Sauce For Catering Pros - Jennie Cook, Owner & Executive Chef, Jennie Cooks Catering and Plant Based Parties
So many special ingredients blend together to create a recipe for success. Your couples demand transparency, innovation, and cutting edge ideas. They want to know how you create your dishes, serve your guests, and work gratuity in. Will there be enough food? It must be time for a tasting.
- Tasting tips, tricks, and ideas to nail the sale
- Real talk on hospitality and sustainability
- The joy of working with planners